Acunatural Health in Brisbane now offers breast massages by our excellent Massage Therapist Shannon Radke who has put together a standard 1 hour combination massage, acupressure and scraping treatment for those women who would like bigger and firmer breasts. This treatment is also ideal for new mothers hoping to prevent the sagging and soreness that breastfeeding can often cause.
The entire breast massage treatment will consist of four 1 hour treatments spaced out weekly.
After a short introduction in which Shannon will explain the day’s procedure, the treatments will begin by measuring the chest area, including from the sternum to the nipple on each breast and the overall bust size. This will be written on a personal chart for you to compare measurements later on. The massage will then commence.
The first 30 minutes of the massage will be of a traditional Tui Na Treatment that will work on the back of your neck, back, arms and legs. Then using a Gua Sha implement and a small amount of oil, scraping will begin on each shoulder blade. Pressure will be checked by Shannon. This process should not hurt.
The scraping will continue along the Bladder Meridian, which is the area between your shoulder blades down your spine.
After this you will be turned over so that you are facing upwards. The areas around your pectoral muscles, including your sternum, collarbone and jaw will then be massaged.
Following this you will be asked to stand and the scraping will commence from your lower thighs, skipping the knee, to the bottom of your calves.
Finally, the same breast measurements will be taken and results compared with those taken at the beginning of the session and in previous weeks.
Before you leave Shannon will demonstrate with you 3 exercises that will help firm up your breasts to do at home in between massage treatments. These exercises are included below and also can be requested printed or emailed to you at the reception desk.
The first exercise, the Prayer Hands, is meant to help strengthen and firm up the pectoral muscles. The second exercise, Standing Pec Stretch, also achieves this but also helps open up the chest, which allows more room for growth in the muscles and the breasts. The third exercise is the Eagle Arm Stretch and this helps shape your breasts so they are more centred on your chest.
Exercises for Firmer Breasts
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, engage your core muscles and bend your knees slightly.
- Press your palms together in a praying position, elbows out.
- Press palms together firmly and lower palms to waist height.
- Hold for 20 seconds, move slightly to the right, hold for 20 seconds, then move slightly to the left and hold.
- Repeat 2-3 times.
Standing Pec Stretch
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart in a doorway.
- Place your arms at a 90 degree angle in the door frame.
- Press against the door frame until you feel a stretch in your pectoral muscles.
- Hold for 30 to 90 seconds and don’t forget to breathe!
- Repeat with other arm.
Eagle Arm Stretch
- Stand with your spine as straight as possible. Hold your arms out in front of you with palms facing downwards.
- Cross your arms and wrap them around yourself, as if in a hug, as far as you can go with the right arm on top of the left.
- If you can reach your shoulder blades, continue onto advanced stage of the stretch. If not, hold this position for 30 seconds, pushing your arms away from your chest. Repeat 2-3 times each arm.
- From the hug position where you can reach your shoulder blade, bend your elbows so that your fingers point up.
- Gently press your right elbow into the crease of your left elbow. Your backs of your hands should be pressed together.
- Press your right hand further right and left hand further left so that you can eventually have the palms of your hands facing each other and start to press together. Your forearms are now properly twisted.
- Begin to push your elbows out from your chest. Hold for 30 seconds.
- Switch arm. Repeat 2-3 times each arm.
By the end of four weeks you should not only be feeling better but should have larger and firmer breasts as well.